- 1 cup rolled old fashioned oats
- 1 large, ripe banana
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes (unsweetened should be OK too)
- 1 cup milk (+ more for adding in the morning) (I used 2% milk. Most recipes use Almond milk)
- Toppings (any/all/none): Banana, Strawberry, Blueberry etc (optional), whipped cream (Extra creamy Reddi Wip) or homemade whipped cream.
- Mash the banana with hand or a masher.
- Add mashed banana, rolled oats, walnuts, almonds, dates and coconut flakes, and milk to a bowl and Mix well with hand or spoon.
- If you have an airtight container/jar transfer to that. If not, Cover the bowl tight with a cling wrap.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- In the morning add additional milk (few spoons) to thin out (if desired) and top with toppings you like or have. A squirt of whipped cream is only 15 calories, and adds nice touch/taste to it. You can be creative and try any toppings you like.
- Also, I usually transfer half cup or more of the mixture to the serving glass/bowl first, and add milk & toppings individually to have a good presentation, and also to save leftover mixture back in the fridge.
- Some more combinations and interesting details here: https://www.thekitchn.com/muesli-recipe-260252
- Since last week I served this as breakfast to at least 15 people and they all loved it.
- This is a very filling breakfast (…AFAIK healthy too). Keeps me going till lunch without feeling hungry.
- This can be done with any dried fruits/nuts. So, if you don’t have the listed dried fruits/nuts, substitute with what you have (…like cashew/pistachio etc)